Monday, February 1, 2010

Global Warming?

I'm thinking of global warming. With having had 6 inches of snow and a layer of ice on top of that, I have been very content to stay tucked away in my house since Friday. Today I'm still content with that, but the sun did make an appearance and melted some--now it's hiding. I'm wondering what the chances of having school tomorrow will be. No problem really--only supposed to give the state writing test--tomorrow or on the makeup day Wednesday.

Seriously I'm thinking of global warming. When I reread the chapters in Genesis of the creation, I thought of God placing man in the garden to take care of the garden and animals. What I consider to be a good outcome of the global warming (mis)information is the push to recycle and "go green." It at least renewed man's interest in taking better care of the beautiful world God gave us. Why did we have to wait for the global warming debate to make us aware of that!

So follow this line of thought from global warming to house chores! When my children were young and we were cleaning house or doing yard work,they always wanted to know why we had to do all that stuff. After runnning through all the because I said so, you're grounded if you don't, and other reasons mothers seem to use, I managed to come up with a reason that they accepted amazingly well and stopped the questions at least. (Can't say they always did all that work without a little prodding.) I explained to them that God had blessed us with the home and the things we had. It was our way of thanking him to take good care of them.

I do praise God for the beautiful world He made for us. Every Sunday in the nursery I get to do a routine about God creating the world. (On days when the sermon runs long we may just make it to day four or five and not get man created!) But the little ones always enjoy it. My prayer is that they will continue to all their lives.

May anyone who reads this rejoice in the day the Lord made.

No comments: